.

Home Damaged In Early Morning Fire On Hope Lane

A space heater is being blamed for the fire, which caused about $50,000 in damage.

A fire officials say started in the basement of a home on Hope Lane in Lafayette did not result in any injuries, but caused about $50,000 worth of structural and smoke damage.

According to Consolidated Fire, the call was received at 2:55 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they discovered their truck was too heavy to cross the bridge over Las Trampas Creek. A hose had to be stretched from the hydrant to the truck and ultimately up the driveway to the home.

When firefighters arrived, the occupants were outside, along with their three cats. Ultimately, four Con Fire trucks and one truck from the Moraga-Orinda district helped fight the fire, which was controlled within 20 minutes.

The home itself suffered about $50,000 in damage, mostly in the basement room where the fire began due to a space heater. Personal items were also lost in the blaze, and there was moderate smoke damage to the floors above.

Space heaters should never be operated within three (3) feet of combustibles, fire officials caution.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »