Patch, your go-to resource for local news and other stuff you can't live without, is also starting to get Christmas "wish lists" from its faithful band of followers. While we, uh, may not be able to make all those Holiday dreams come true we can at least get them up on the local radar screen for other local elves to see and -- perhaps -- bring to fruition.
Here's one we received from Lafayette City Councilmember Don Tatzin. It includes some suggestions he'd like to see fellow Lafayette residents take to heart this Christmas. Perhaps you can help.
1. Enjoy the twinkle lights along Mt. Diablo Boulevard
2. Dine at one of Lafayette’s 30 restaurants
3. Place special orders for your holiday parties at Lafayette’s four grocery stores
4. Choose a plant or decoration at Orchard Nursery or Mt. Diablo Nursery
5. Thank the parking enforcement officer who left you a Seasons Greetings tag instead of a parking ticket if you run a little over the meter time
6. Clothe the family at McCaulou’s, Pendleton, Sandy’s and other stores
7. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Powell’s or the Tea Cake Bake Shop
8. Get something for your furry or feathered companion at the Lafayette Pet Shoppe, Nitro Dog, or Pet Food Express
9. Support local merchants now so they’ll be there all year
10. Schedule a weekend getaway in town at the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa
11. Take in a program at the Library and Learning Center between shopping excursions
12. Select holiday decorations you won’t find anywhere else at Whippersnappers
13. Keep time with something from Clocks, Etc.
14. Take receipts totaling $150 or more from three Lafayette merchants to the Chamber of Commerce for a chance to win cash prizes
15. Go ride a bike from Sharp Bicycles or Hank and Frank
16. Work off those extra pounds at a health club or walk the Reservoir
17. Select that finishing touch for your home at Sugi or Misto Lino
18. Purchase the finishing touch for you at one of Lafayette’s jewelers
19. View the surrounding hills as you walk from store to store
20. Save time shopping… spend more time with family and friends